Thursday, May 25, 2017

conner | life at 3 1/2

I know Linden just turned 1 1/2 but my little Conner just turned 3 1/2 last month and that's something to celebrate too! And I realize that it's been so long since I sat down shared what's up in this little boy's life.
 
Conner, I don't really view you as a toddler anymore.  You've grown so much these past six+ months that sometimes I forget that you're still three, and I take you as a four year old.  You're so advanced when it comes to so many things.  Anything relating to physical ability, you can catch on and do so easily!
 
Since we have a yard that slopes to our walkout basement, we let you hop on the kid-sized snowboard this past winter and you blew us away with your ability to ride it down the hill.  You acted like you'd been doing this your whole life and continued to go down the hill countless times with a huge smile on your face each time.
 
 
We got through the rest of Spring with constant colds and fevers every two weeks. But, little boy, when you are sick, you become the best at cuddling.
 
 
You've always loved your cousins, but this year, you've really loved playing with Dylan and Alex.  You talk about them for days after seeing them, and when you're together, it's non-stop wrestling, running and laughing.  You are such the little boy that loves wrestling so much that you always try tackling your little brother that immediately turns into screams.  Linden hasn't quite enjoyed the wrestling as much as you, at least not yet.
 
 
For about a year at daycare, you've been riding around on a small two wheel bike designed for someone your size. This past April, your daddy surprised you with your very own bike like this and everyday you take that bike out riding around the driveway, yard, and down the dirt road.
 


 
You've grown so tall these past months too! I have to keep buying new clothes to keep up with your growing length. You've had a handful of small haircuts, but your hair is still unruly to the point that Dad and I are surprised on the days that your hair is tame. :) You can still burn 6 hours of energy off of a single cracker before you finally get hungry. And we still don't know how that's even physically possible.
 
When you're sweet, you are the sweetest boy on earth.  And when you're upset, your screams know how to fill stadium.  You are a stubborn one too, just like your mom and dad.  But the moments that you randomly come up to me and say "Mommy, I love you so much"... my heart just explodes.
 
 
I really look forward to this summer and all the adventures we're going to have.  Even now as I look at my calendar, our weekends are filling up fast with fun activities, and I'm so thankful we have you with us to make these moments better.
 
You keep us on our toes.  We keep you in line.
You keep us wild.
 








No comments:

Post a Comment