Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Baby #3 | 20 Weeks

20 Weeks!
 
 
I can't believe we're halfway already! It feels like we just made our announcement, but it's been about 5 weeks since then.  Between to toddler boys and summer activities, we've been so busy that we quickly lose track of time.  Take the month of June for example, I literally feel like we just started this month, but we're days away from welcoming July!
 
Everything's been going smoothly with pregnancy and now that morning sickness is a fading memory, there are days where I don't even feel pregnant.  I'll take that though!  I'm still in that pregnancy stage where most people would just think that I'm little thicker around my midsection and may not realized that I'm packing a kid in there.  Clothing-wise, I still hate maternity pants of any kind, so instead I decided to jump up one size in my jeans and stick to using the hair tie trick if need be.  As far as shirts go, if my normal shirts are long enough, I'll stick to wearing them, but I've definitely been sporting some maternity shirts for that extra comfort.
 
Over the past 4 weeks I've noticed more and more movement from this little squish.  With the boys, I felt movement around 16 weeks, but with this one, it's been more like 18 weeks before I started noticing anything.
 
 
And speaking of baby movement, we just had our halfway ultrasound last week, and we got to watch our sweet little babe squirming around in there!  It was so sweet, when the ultrasound tech was getting a face shot, this kid shot his/her little arm up and started waving their hand around.  I swear it looked as if we were being waved too, and I immediately felt my heart just melt into a puddle.  I'm hooked.
 
We also got to see just how flexible this little baby is already.  See exhibit A below for a picture of a leg stretched straight out while bent completely at the waist. :)
 
 
We actually don't know yet if we're having another boy or switching it up with a girl.  I requested our tech just write it down and seal it up in an envelope with an ultrasound picture.  Joe and I are planning to have some close friends over next month for a gender reveal party, so we will be finding out then along with everyone else!
 
Stay tuned! I'll be sure to share what we're having with everyone after we find out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment